Monday, January 28, 2013

Photo Class 1/30

This is something I've been intending to start for a while, but a combination of laziness and fear of putting my pictures out there for the world to see has held me back. Anyway, a few months ago my friend h3rl337n355 acquired a new camera and started this photo class. I said that I'd start it too, so this is the assignment from the first lesson. My favorite photo that I've ever taken.

Purple Coneflower
There's a lot that I like about this photo. I like the vivid colors, I like the bokeh, I think there's pretty good separation between the foreground and the background. I like the detail, you can see the pollen, the creases of the petals, the hair(?) on the stem.

The photo I'm going to comment on is number 34 from the lesson. I really like this photo. I like the composition, the silhouette, the birds adding interest to the sky. The only thing I dislike is the banding around the sun, but I'm not sure what you could have done about that.

Well, that's it for lesson 1. Lesson 2 should be coming shortly, since it's right up my alley.

No comments:

Post a Comment