Friday, May 10, 2013

Spring Break (part 3)

Chillin'

Next up was Wannamaker County Park. I spotted the lizard above while we were walking along the trail. There were trails around a windy pond and through some marshland. The first thing we saw while walking was a spider. I couldn't resist a close-up.

Ick
 We walked past the pond and into some marshland. I tried taking some pictures, but they didn't turn out worth posting. Then we started around the pond and saw a couple of turtles.

Tiny turtle

Not tiny turtle
After that we started walking through the more recreational area of the park. We saw a goose, and started wandering in its general direction. It suddenly decided to take off and flew right by us.

Goose in flight! 
And finally we saw this guy hanging out in the parking lot as were leaving. I was maybe 10 feet from it when taking this picture. He was much too brave for my liking.

Squirrel, looking all innocent, but I know it's plotting

2 comments:

  1. ugh. Why with the spider picture? Now I will never visit Wannamaker County Park.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Says the guy who spent at least 10 minutes trying to grab a shot of the spider on my house's back door. And besides... "Know thy enemy"

    ReplyDelete