Sunday, December 8, 2013

Crappy Winter Weather and Some Links

Female Northern Cardinal

It's been a nasty weekend. Ice and snow yesterday and a dreary, cold day today. Tomorrow will probably bring even more snow. It's been a good opportunity for some photos though.

Before I get to that, a couple of cool links:

Color Gradient Test - This is a test for color vision deficiency. I got a 0 (no holes in my color vision, yay!)

Mantis Shrimp - Badass crustacean. Be sure to watch the video on the left at the bottom


Now back to "winter" pictures.

Male Northern Cardinal

I refilled the bird feeders today and immediately the cardinals came around. I hope that tomorrow I can get a bit more light and grab a better shot. More snow would also be nice, both for extra light and a prettier picture.

The ice on the trees made for an interesting subject too. These pictures make me wish I had a macro lens, more detail would be awesome.






And last, Abby in the process of catching a treat. I'm definitely proud of this one.




No comments:

Post a Comment